Step 1 – Get support from your native patient consultant
If you have any questions or concerns about bariatric surgeries, feel free to reach us anytime at this number: +90 544 590 55 88.
Your patient consultant will contact you without delay and she will calculate your BMI, take information about your health datas, introduce bariatric surgery methods and determine which bariatric surgeries operation you should have. Also if you still have questions about operations, you may talk our doctors on the phone if you want. Then your health datas will be checked by our doctors. If our doctors say “Yes, you are suitable for this surgery” and you want to have the bariatric operation, you will be ready for the journey. We will work together with you to agree a date for surgery. The aim is to do this promptly, usually within one to two weeks.
Step 2 – Picking up from airport and hospitalization
After the flight, you landed in Istanbul. Great! Our welcome team, who knows your language when you get off your plane, will be waiting in the area to take you to the hospital with our VIP transfer vehicle. After arriving at our hospital which is approximately 25 minutes away from the airport, we will perform various procedures related to your hospitalization and surgery. Procurement of the necessary documents related to your operation and signing them will be one of the first processes we will do when we come to the hospital.
Step 3 – Examinations and conversation with your doctor
After you have completed your hospitalization procedures, we will complete your various examinations in this step.
In this process that you prepare for the operation step by step, we will perform the following examinations in order to review your compliance:
- Lung X-ray
- Respiratory function test
- Blood analysis
- Calculating body mass index.
After these examinations, you are going to meet psychiatrists, internal specialists, and anesthesiologist doctors. In this way, we will have the opportunity to review your physical and mental status in the process leading to the operation. Then, you will see your doctor who will perform your bariatric operation. Your doctor will give you various information about your operation while checking the results of your examinations. In this way, you will find answers to all the questions you have in mind and you will meet your doctor.
Step 4 – Endoscopy and surgery
And here we are! After your examinations, you will be ready for operation. With this step, you are going to open a new page for your life. During the operation, you will be anesthetized and you will not feel anything.
- Gastric sleeve surgery will take 1 hour,
- Diabetes surgery will take 1.5 hours,
- Gastric balloon and gastric botox operations will take a half-hour.
In order to closely monitor your body’s response to your operation and your health after the surgery, you will have to stay in the hospital for a certain period of time.
- If you have a gastric sleeve or diabetes surgery, you will stay at our hospital for 3-4 days.
- If you have a gastric balloon or gastric botox, you will be free to go after for 2-3 hours.
Step 5 – Being discharged from the hospital
Your operation has been done successfully and you were hospitalized for a certain period of time depending on your operation. So good! Now, you are ready to be discharged from the hospital and stay in our contracted hotel. But before you go, your doctor and your dietitian will carry out your checks and will share various information about your new postoperative period with you.
In this step;
- Your first nutritional process will be explained by your bariatric dietitian.
- You will be given the medicines you need to use after surgery and your bariatric dietitian will explain how to use these medicines.
- Your doctor will perform the final checks before you are discharged from the hospital.
After your dietician and doctor have completed the above-mentioned processes, you will depart with our VIP transfer vehicle to stay in our contracted hotel if there are no problems with your health.
Step 6 – Accommodation at a contracted hotel
After your check-ups at the hospital, you were discharged and came to our contracted hotel with our VIP transfer vehicle.
Possibility of our contracted hotel:
- 5-star comfort,
- 24 hours of uninterrupted room and internet services,
- In this way, you will find the possibility to recover your physical and mental health.
According to your operation, you will have to stay in the hotel for a certain period of time:
- If you have a gastric sleeve or diabetes surgery, you will stay at the hotel for 3-4 days.
- If you have a gastric balloon or gastric botox, you may stay at the hotel for 1 day or less.
Step 7 – Last controls and return to home
And here we are, the last step! In this step where you will count the hours for returning home, you will be taken from our contracted hotel with our VIP transfer vehicle and brought to the hospital for the final checks.
Your doctor and your dietitian will examine you for the last time to find out if everything is fine before you return home.
Your doctor will check:
- Your general health and
- Surgical sutures.
Your Dietitian will:
- Calculate your body mass index and
- Share with you the diet program you should follow.
You will be ready for returning home after your doctor and your dietician have completed your last checks.
Are you excited for a new life?